Let’s wrap up our Christmas in July spotlights with some of the biggest gifts we’ve got. And it doesn’t get much bigger than an SD80MAC! We’ve got some additional new Standard O freight cars for your Polar Railroad as well.
SD80MAC with LEGACY
The Polar Railroad has kept up with the times. Strong enough to move a trainload of fruitcake, the SD80MAC is just the machine for those heavy holiday freights. Decorated in dynamic graphics and bold seasonal colors, this locomotive will shine through any arctic blizzard.
The new locomotive comes LEGACY equipped with loads of features including:
- LEGACY Control System – able to run on LEGACY, TMCC or Conventional control layouts
- Odyssey II Speed Control with On / Off switch
- LEGACY RailSounds including
- CrewTalk and TowerCom dialog
- 6 Official railroad speeds
- 8 Diesel RPM levels
- Quilling Horn
- Bell (single hit and continuous)
- Sequence Control
- Current speed and fuel dialog
- Refueling sounds
- Dual maintenance-free motors
- Traction Control
- Refined Conventional Control mode with lower starting speeds
- Front and Rear ElectroCouplers
- Fan-driven smoke with adjustable output
- Directional lighting
- Marker Lights
- Oscillating Ditch Lights
- Lighted and detailed cab interior with crew
- Metal frame, pilots, trucks and fuel tank
Despite its size and features, the SD80 will still negotiate an O-36 curve – perfect for under the tree. Suggested retail on the locomotive is $529.99.
Polar Railroad Freight Cars
We have two new Polar Railroad freight car offerings for 2012. First, a two-bay PS-2 covered hopper. Perfect for your loads of sand (those rails can get pretty icy!) or reindeer feed, this car will look great in any Christmas consist. The model features sprung metal trucks, working couplers with hidden tabs, a die-cast metal center sill and ends and opening roof hatches.
Also joining the roster is an X-31 Round Roof boxcar. This is the first car to carry the Polar Railroad’s new slogan, “Reliable as the North Star.” This was the winning entry in a contest among our Lionel RailRoader Club members, submitted by Kent Tranter. Congratulations, Kent! The car also features sprung metal trucks, working couplers with hidden tabs, a metal frame and underframe details and opening doors.
Both of our new cars will negotiate an O-31 curve and each retails for $69.99.
Get your holiday orders in with your dealers now. And check out the rest of our new Christmas trains in the 2012 Christmas Catalog. We’ll come back to feature more here on the blog as we get closer to the season too.