In addition to modeling the latest and greatest, it is always fun to go back and revisit the classics. The 1950 “Anniversary Set” is certainly one worth bringing back. So if you missed it the first time around, here’s your chance to own this great piece of our past.
The #146-4W featured Lionel’s high-end Alco FA’s in the Union Pacific’s Armour Yellow. The locomotives featured metal frames, illuminated number boards and rear steps. New passenger cars were also included featuring Lionel Lines lettering in matching yellow with grey roofs.
Our new reissue of the set is faithful to the original, recreating the most-desired of the variations with grey nose and trucks. The set includes a powered and non-powered Alco FA, two coaches and an observation car. Features include:
- FA Locomotives with
- Die-cast metal trucks and frame
- Frame-mounted rear steps
- Front steps attached to the trucks
- Operating headlight
- Illuminated number boards
- Painted grey nose, frame and truck sideframes
- Powered Locomotive also features
- Pullmor Motor
- Traction Tires
- Electronic E unit with Direction Lock
- Electronic horn and bell with volume control
- Passenger cars with
- Die-cast trucks and operating couplers
- Interior Illumination
- Removable roofs with ventilator details
- Window Silhouettes
- Red marker lights and clear back up lens on observation car
- Postwar-Inspired set packaging with individual boxes for each car
- O-27 minimum curve
If you’d like to expand your set, we’ve also created a matching add-on baggage and combination car 2-pack. Not available in 1950, this set is a perfect complement to grow your train. The new cars share of the features of the passenger cars included with the set itself.
The set retails for $459.99 and the add-on cars are $119.99. Check your dealers, you’ll be able to catch up on this traditional classic train in time for Christmas.