One of six sets that will be available only through our Lionel dealers, the Boston & Maine Paul Revere GP9 set combines a rugged conventional locomotive and traditional line of cars with bold new graphics. Designed in partnership with Lou Caponi, the late President of the Lionel Collectors Club of America and friend to train collectors everywhere, these sets capture the spirit and excitement of the classic toy train set.
Lead by a GP9 in the bright McGinnis paint scheme with a matching caboose bringing up the markers, this freight train is ready to head down one of the B&M’s charming New England branch lines to provide personal service to the many small customers along the way. These locals were the critical first and last legs of the journey for rail shipments and the customers’ contact point with the railroad. Their colorful consists constantly changing as they meandered along from siding to siding – what could be a more perfect train for hours of fun on a toy train layout?
The freight cars in this train include a B&M boxcar and 4-bay hopper. The hit of the consist has to be the State of Maine aquarium car decorated in the Bangor and Aroostook’s instantly recognizable red, white and blue and carrying a load of one of Maine’s tastiest exports! This latest twist on the classic aquarium car features Maine lobsters “swimming” around inside the illuminated interior.
The GP9 locomotive features:
- Transformer-controlled forward-neutral-reverse operation
- Railsounds RTR™ sound with diesel revving and user-active horn, bell and crew dialog
- Battery backup for sounds
- Powerful maintenance free motor
- Operating headlights
- Operating couplers
- Metal frame and handrails
- Die-cast metal trucks
- Traction tires
- Interior illumination
Freight car features include:
- Die-cast metal sprung trucks on hopper and boxcar
- Die-cast metal trucks on aquarium car and caboose
- Operating couplers
- Metal frame and opening doors on boxcar
- Stamped metal ends on hopper
- Removable molded coal load on hopper
- Interior lighting in aquarium car and caboose
- Motorized interior belt makes lobster decoration appear to swim inside aquarium car
The set will run on O-31 curves and retails for $499.99. Your Lionel dealer is the only place you can pick up this and the five other dealer exclusive sets featured in the 2014 Signature Catalog. See yours to place your order today!